Not all of us are natural writers, but with the right training, anyone can harness the power of written word to win over their audience. Led by a University of Cambridge writing tutor, this course guides you through the top principles that can be applied to most types of non-fiction writing, including emails, reports, advertising, blogs, and more. Whether you’re looking to nail a cover letter or draft a better investment proposal, you’ll power up your prose with real-life examples that illustrate writing theory as well as no-nonsense challenges to hone your skills.
- Access 60 lectures & 4.5 hours of content 24/7
- Develop your voice & confidence as a writer
- Identify the techniques top writers use to persuade you w/ their words
- Learn how to persuade your employees, bosses, customers or investors
- Discover how to say more while writing less
- Leverage advanced rhetorical techniques to win your audience over
- Craft sentences that are clear, succinct & persuasive
Dr. Clare Lynch has trained and coached people at a variety of organizations. She’s helped executives break through the career roadblock created by poor, underconfident writing, and she also teaches academic writing and professional communication at the University of Cambridge. She is also a director at Cambridge Language Education and Research Associates (CLERA), which provides English language training and consultancy to governments, universities, the private sector and schools, both in the UK and overseas.
After receiving her PhD in Old English from Cambridge, she founded Doris and Bertie Ltd. As the managing director of Doris and Bertie, she heads a team of business writing experts that work with anyone who needs to write as part of their job. She is also the author of the business-writing blog Good Copy, Bad Copy. It’s named on Copyblogger’s list of 15 copywriting and content marketing blogs that will make you more money.