Today it is the “must have” of all our wardrobes: adapting to all styles, to everyone and remaining accessible to all purses. Many people decide to embark on the adventure of the custom T-shirt in 2020. This opportunity is one of the good ideas for making money on the internet because it can make a lot of money after taking a few steps.
If you too want to try your luck, have time ahead of you and creativity, here are some tips to sell your own models and create your brand.
Selling T-shirts: an easy-to-exploit domain
Today, the T-shirt market is extremely profitable, both dynamic and buoyant. It represents one of the biggest pillars of fashion, because of its universal and timeless character since it manages to reinvent itself every year through new cuts, new patterns, etc.
However, this market is a little saturated by competition: the many advantages of creating and selling custom T-shirts – especially online – have aroused a lot of covetousness! In other words, you are not alone in this segment, so it is imperative to carefully consider the existing offer and customer demand before launching.
Be aware that this product is one of the few on which it is possible to make significant margins. You can make a lot of money: the bases selling a few euros (between 1 and 2 euros each) and the finished products between 12 and 45 euros, the profitability is terribly attractive.
In addition, this product is easily marketable on the internet. It doesn’t really require fitting (especially with the fashion of “oversized” T-shirts) and there is really something for all tastes (humorous, graphic…), and for all audiences (young children, pregnant women…). Note that you can choose to target one of these segments, to focus your business and try to be more visible in relation to the competition.
Start your business
Now aware of the realities of this market, two solutions are available to you to ensure the future commercialization of your creations: partially outsource your business or remain completely independent.
Sell your custom T-shirts through specialized sites
If you want to offload the weight of manufacturing and delivery and focus solely on creating design and communicating your products, you can choose to go through specialized sites. Among the best known are:
- Spreadshirt that offers a solution for printing and sending clothes with your designs. You can either import it or create one, thanks to their customization tool. Not to mention that you can take advantage of the site’s MarketPlace space to send customers back to your own blog or online shop,
- Tunetoo, based on the same principle, which supports manufacturing and delivery: with it, create a design, set the level of your commission and you’re done!
- TeeSpring, similar to Spreadshirt, which allows you to launch sales campaigns with different models. Based on the crowdfounding principle, a campaign is only fabricated and implemented if it achieves the goals set by the creator (for example, if you decide to sell 50 T-shirts in 15 days and you don’t reach your goals, the campaign will be cancelled and you won’t get anything). This is a definite advantage as long as you are not at risk.
Create your own brand
If you decide to go freelance,you will need to invest a minimum of time and euros to achieve your goals. First, it is important to conduct a comprehensive market study: do you have to choose one segment over another? What type of custom T-shirt does your target prefer? What is your break-even point? What price for your creations? Etc.
After this study will come the reflection on the image of your brand, your business strategy, your sales goals,etc. These are absolutely necessary steps to get money with your business in the short and long term. It is also during this period that you should contact potential subcontractor partners,to ensure the printing of your T-shirts, for example.
Note that if you choose to print them yourself, you need to find out about the different types of prints to enhance them. There are three types: stencil, digital transfer or screen printing, all with varying levels of quality. However, it is preferable to use screen printing,even if it is more expensive (not least because it can only be done by a professional with particular know-how), it ensures a better quality rendering that will be an asset for your sales!
Finally, to market your clothing brand in good conditions, you need to take a few legal steps, including:
- Filing the trademark with INPI to protect the identity and representation of your new business,
- Creating a company that will quickly become indispensable if your business starts to generate regular income.
These steps can scare beginners. Yet they are not complex, but just take a little time to start. Nothing insurmountable, then.
In conclusion, the T-shirt market is an easy-to-accessmarket, thanks to its many launch opportunities and online availability, but it is also a highly competitive market that requires not to launch without having conducted a thorough reflection,to determine how to reach its target. Otherwise the adventure may become expensive and time-consuming…
Below, don’t hesitate to write down the article. Leave a comment at the bottom of the page to give your opinion.
- Owlet Wifi Cam Baby HD Clarity Video Monitoring System with Night Vision and Two-way Audio, White $154.44
- Wireless Charging BookFolio Bundle $85.99
- Lyte Wireless LED Light Therapy Handheld Device $79.99
- Language Zen–Spanish Language Learning Program: Lifetime Subscription $79.00
- Humminbird GPS Lakemaster Southeast States Version 5 Includes Micro SD Card $109.99