Do you want to become a blogger, but don’t know which site to stop at? Today I will show you where is the best website to use to start a blog. An overview of the 6 best websites to start a blog on in this article.
There are many platforms for creating and maintaining blogs and diaries, both paid and free. Of course, if you already have experience creating blogs and websites then WordPress is your choice. However, it is not so easy for a beginner to understand this engine, although it is considered quite simple.
Perhaps you do not want to engage in the technical part of your blog or are not versed in this. You just want to write articles and share experiences with your readers. A very good idea, especially since you can make money on it.
On the Internet there are simpler and more affordable solutions for creating your own blog .
One of the most popular blogging platforms. I think that almost everyone knows about LJ (LiveJournal). It is inhabited by both politicians and musicians. And this is not surprising, because everyone can blog on LJ.
He is very friendly and does not require serious knowledge of site building from you. He will not demand anything from you at all. Just write about what you want to write about.
- A huge Russian-speaking community.
- Ease of working with the blog.
- There is an opportunity to get into the top LJ, and there is a lot of traffic.
- Outdated interface.
- Inability to bind your domain, only “your blog. LiveJournal.com”.
- Limited functionality.
- The presence of non-thematic advertising.
- Adsense connection is possible, but through a paid account.
Whom LiveJournal is suitable for :
Novice bloggers who do not have the skills to work with sites and do not want to delve into the extensive settings.
A blogging platform from Google, which I once considered a very promising platform for beginners.
Blogger Platform Overview
- Convenient and friendly to handle.
- Large selection of templates with which you can customize the design of your blog.
- Ability to connect ads from Google Adsense.
- Ability to connect your own domain.
- There is access to HTML code, albeit limited.
- Rumor has it that due to the large number of dummy blogs on .blogspot.com, they are very poorly indexed.
- Bad SEO settings with all the consequences.
- Who is Blogger : For beginner bloggers.
A microblogging platform that combines Twitter and Instagram. A great platform for publishing photos and videos.
Overview of the tumblr Blog Platform
- Wide customization. Huge selection of templates, both paid and free. Tumblr can be what you want. Perhaps this was the only plus for me.
- This platform is not popular in Russia. Why do you need Tumblr if you have twitter and instagram.
- An idiotic name that I just can’t remember.
Very young blogging platform. To create Ghost, they raised money through Kistarter.
Ghost review on the blog platform
To work in Ghost, you download the distribution kit and install it on your hosting. However, you can use the Ghost servers for a fee.
- Flexible and powerful platform with new ideas.
- Great SEO optimization.
- Open source.
- Fast work and good code optimization.
- It is difficult to learn for beginners.
- Instability of work.
- Serious requirements for the hosting on which you host the site.
- Almost completely no user support.
- Underdeveloped in the Russian-speaking segment.
- “Hands from the shoulders” is a mandatory requirement when using.
- Who should use Ghost : experienced webmasters and programmers who like to understand new systems.
Another blogging platform. Unfortunately, it’s hardly suitable for those who are looking for free solutions.
TypePad Micro Blog Platform Review
- Very friendly and convenient interface.
- Ability to import and export blogs from other platforms.
- Very expensive. The cheapest account will cost $ 8.95 per month of use. Paid entry includes user support and a large selection of templates, but this does not justify such a large monthly fee. Yes, there is a free version, but it is so poor in functionality that you should not look in its direction.
- To whom TypePad Micro is suitable : To whom it is not a pity for money.
- Against the background of the main minus, this platform loses all its advantages and becomes absolutely faceless, inconspicuous, unnecessary.
Perhaps the most popular blogging platform. This engine allows you to create blogs, online stores and other sites of almost any complexity.
WordPress review. For blogging
- Open source.
- A wide range of templates and plugins.
- Quickly installs.
- It has a clear control panel.
- Sufficiently large load on the server.
- Often hacked.
- A large number of low-quality templates and plugins that require self-improvement.
- A lot of extra code that needs to be removed.
- Duplication of images and pages, but this is corrected by plugins or hands.
- Who should use WordPress : Despite the large number of disadvantages, many people choose WordPress. If you are an experienced webmaster and you have at least some idea of PHP and HTML, then all the disadvantages of WordPress are fixable. Most sites on the Internet are powered by WordPress.
This platform is not suitable for very green beginners who have a limited understanding about the work of sites.
The results. Which platform I recommend for blogging.
If you are a beginner and can not imagine how the sites work, what is PHP and HTML, then your choice is LiveJournal and Blogger . No need to think about technical issues. Just write and publish – nothing is easier!
Well, if you are an experienced user, it’s better and easier than WordPress, you haven’t come up with anything yet. With all the shortcomings of WordPress, it is loved for its simplicity and versatility. If you are a beginner and want to learn the WordPress platform, then read my article “ How to create a website from scratch in 1 step ”. In any case, if desired, your blog can be transferred to another platform, if any.