Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to mankind. It is characterized by an inflammation of the joints, causing swelling and pain which can sometimes lead to immobility and, in severe cases, permanent disability. Occurring in anyone at any age, the exact cause of arthritis is yet unknown, but there are two theories: infection or a flaw in the body’s immune system which causes it to attack its own joints and surrounding tissue.
There are many treatment methods used to help arthritic patients overcome this painful and debilitating disease, some of them as old as the disease itself (which is very old, indeed).
Some types of arthritis require the cooperation between physician, physical therapist, and orthopedic surgeon, as is the case with rheumatoid arthritis, one of the most common forms of arthritis. Others require only frequent rest balanced with exercise and proper diet. The most common arthritis remedies available are over the counter drugs like aspirins, analgesics, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs that can relieve the pain associated with arthritis.
However, with recent reports about undesirable side effects caused by some of these drugs, many people are turning to home arthritis remedies to treat arthritic pain. These arthritis remedies are largely unproven by concrete scientific evidence but have been used by people for thousands of years with relatively effective results. With your doctor’s advice, you can try some of these arthritis remedies and see for yourself:
To make these arthritis remedies, you need four teaspoons of blackstrap molasses and one quart of cranberry juice. Dissolve the blackstrap molasses in the cranberry juice. One mixture makes one serving. Drink a glass of this old home remedy to experience the results.
Alternatively, you could also try dissolving 100 aspirins in a pint of rubbing alcohol. Rub it on the affected joints three times a day and observe the results.
Mullein, Elm, Lobelia, and Cayenne Poultice
The ingredients you need for these arthritis remedies are: 2 tbsp. mullein, 3 tbsp. granulated slippery elm bark, 1 tbsp. lobelia, and 1 tsp. cayenne. Mix everything in a bowl thoroughly then pour them in boiling water. When the mixture gets that pasty quality, pour everything on a piece of cloth and spread. Let cool for a few minutes before placing the cloth on swollen joints.
Alternatively, you can try these arthritis remedies, following the same procedure: oil of origanum, oil of lobelia, oil of capsicum, and coconut oil.
There are many herbs that can be used as natural arthritis remedies. However, the trend with herbal arthritis remedies seems to be that different herbs are mixed together in order to create a synergistic and more effective combination. Below are some of the more common herbal arthritis remedies used:
* Black cohosh, genitian root, angelica, Colombo, skull cap, valerian, buckthorn bark, and rue. Add a teaspoon of the mixture in a cup of boiling water. Let steep for a few minutes before drinking. The recommended daily dosage is three ½ cups a day.
* Wild cherry roots, burdock roots, Oregon grape roots. Wash three roots of each herb and chop them into tiny slices. Afterwards, place them in a gallon of water and let simmer for 30 minutes. Then, strain the liquid into bottle. A half glass of these arthritis remedies every morning before breakfast should garner some results.
- The Mighty Maya Design Mastery Bundle
- The Complete Financial Analysis & Risk Management Certification Bundle $40.00
- Mac Mini MC815LL/A, 2.30GHz Intel i5 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 500GB SATA HD, OS X Lion 10.7 (Renewed) $329.99
- BVLGARI AQUA by Bvlgari EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ for MEN (Package Of 3) $224.70
- The Complete Beginner's Guide to Animation Bundle